Friday, March 22, 2013

Respect Dare Day 8: Remember


Well woke up and realizing I'm still fighting a head cold and Peyton didn't sleep since she was up coughing all night. This cold and flu season has really knocked us down.  Its tiring just thinking about it.  I know there is a reason we are constantly sick but dang, this is ridiculous!!

This was an eye opener day.  I actually really liked it as I brought Randy into the study when I was to share with him a few things.  I was asked to list five positive attributes or strengths that were the reasons enough for me to marry Randy.  I was to list these and think back to when I was engaged and the first months of our marriage.  This was so easy to do.  I love looking back to when we were dating and when we were newly married and getting to know each other on an entirely new level.

The next question was "Why was each one important to you at the time?"  This was easy to answer as I could give an example during that time of why I chose each strength/attribute on the reason I married him.  This next one was the one that really opened my eyes.  "Ask God to show you examples of how your husband still possesses these strengths.  What are you sensing right now?"  It almost was sad to feel that I had not seen the fact he still has these within him. The busyness of life had really clouded the truth of how things really were.  I really thoroughly enjoyed going back and thinking about the things that I love about Randy, and even more enjoyed realizing that he still had these strengths/attributes.  It was I that wasn't seeing them and looking for all the wrong things.  

A challenge the dare asked of me was to tell my husband what I wrote down and why.  A few years ago I would've said no way am I sharing such a deep personal reflection, but today I really loved it.  I felt so close to him being about to trust him with my thoughts and my answers.  He actually really opened up and appreciated me doing this.  I love how this is bringing us closer together in such a Godly way.  I am going to try to remember, he is still the person that has all those qualities that I fell in love with.  

This is something that really is worth reading and re reading:

"Bottom Line:  Wisdom comes from seeing the truth in the big picture and not allowing your perceptions to be clouded by life's daily challenges."

What a great way to see things :-)  I'm definitely going to be back for day 9 

No comments:

Post a Comment